For years, the issue of cell phone safety has been a hot topic of debate, but we now know, thanks to years of stringent laboratory research, that cell phones do emit levels of radiation that can negatively affect one’s health.
Consider these cell phone radiation facts:
- In a study by the University of Washington, Dr. Henry Lai discovered that brain cells are clearly damaged by microwave levels far below the U.S. government’s recommended safe zone and that even small doses of radio frequencies can accumulate over time to cause harmful effects.
- In a research study conducted by Italian scientists it was discovered that radiation emitted by cell phones is especially conducive to the growth of cancerous cells.
- In a study funded by the telecom industry to prove the safety of cell phones, it was revealed that cellular damage and tumor growth can be induced in a laboratory setting using radiation levels one-third of those listed the FCC’s exposure guidelines.
- At the University of Utah, a researcher discovered that the younger the child, the greater the amount of radiation is absorbed by the brain.
- Because of the intense electromagnetic field produced by most automobiles, Volkswagen of Europe has issued warnings stating that using a cell phone while in a car can be even more dangerous to the health of the individual.
- Since 1975, the number of cases of brain cancer in the United States has increased by 25%.
- Studies indicate that using a hands-free headset and earpiece is actually a greater health risk than holding the phone directly against the ear.